NUFT PRE-UNIVERSITY DEPARTMENT FOR FOREIGN STUDENTS
NUFT’s Pre-University Department was open in September 2001. Its main assignment is to prepare students for studying in technical, economic, linguistic, medical and musical educational institutions.
NUFT admits foreigners and stateless persons who arrived for training and those who permanently reside in Ukraine, and have a document of complete secondary education and for health reasons can study at university and live in the climate of Ukraine.
To arrive in Ukraine for training the students from visa countries have to get an invitation. Such invitation is granted by the Visa Support Department (link: http://nuft.edu.ua/page/view/visa-support-department), room B-408.
Invitations can be taken by an entrant or by a trustee by proxy (Power of attorney is executed at a notary by the entrant in the name of trustee).
The Pre-University Department carries out a targeted language and general disciplines training of foreign citizens to ensure successful studying at the basic NUFT faculties and other Universities in Ukraine.
Since the Pre-University Department was established, more than 400 foreign students from 18 countries (China, South Korea, Iraq, Iran, Mongolia, Egypt, Syria, Congo, Guinea, Montenegro, France, Ecuador, Nigeria, Turkey, Venezuela, New Zealand, Vietnam, and Turkmenistan) have successfully completed the Pre-University courses. Nowadays they are studying in different Ukrainian educational institutions, particularly in Kyiv.
The curriculum and Pre-University Department’s programs are based on Preparatory Faculty Program. The basic textbooks are used for language studying lecturers. The professors of the Pre-University Department have worked out methodical and educational literature, such as:
· Russian language workbook for Pre-University Department foreign students’ self work (Klutko V., Karpovskaja A.)
· Russian language learner’s guide for Pre-University Department foreign students. Scientific prose style (Klutko V., Karpovskaja A.)
· Russian language learner’s guide for Pre-University Department foreign students. Scientific prose style. Physics (Dovgotko T., Karpovskaja A.)
· Ukrainian language learner’s guide for Pre-University Department foreign students. Scientific prose style. Physics (Volobujeva N., Klutko V., Usenko L.)
· Ukrainian language workbook for Pre-University Department foreign students’ self work (Shmakova I.)
Only Pre-University Department of NUFT has special programs and music educational and methodical materials, such as solfeggio, music theory, and harmonic to train students for admission to the higher music educational institutions of Ukraine. The following textbooks are published:
· Russian language learner’s guide for Pre-University Department foreign students. Scientific prose style. ‘Music Art’ Specialty (Klutko V., Karpovskaja A.)
· Russian language learner’s guide for freshmen foreign students. Scientific prose style. ‘Music Art’ Specialty (Klutko V., Karpovskaja A.)
· German composers oeuvre (ХVIII-ХІХ centuries). Russian teaching aids for first-year foreign students. ‘Music Art’ Specialty (Karpovskaja A., Klutko V.)
· European and Russian composers oeuvre (ХІХ century). Russian teaching aids for second-year foreign students. ‘Music Art’ Specialty (Karpovskaja A., Klutko V.)
· Ukrainian and Russian composers oeuvre (ХХ century). Russian teaching aids for third-year foreign students. ‘Music Art’ Specialty (Karpovskaja A., Klutko V.)
All professors have a basic teacher’s training, as well as an extensive experience working with foreign students.
Teaching disciplines are carried out on a high professional level.
The educational process at the Pre-University Department for foreign citizens includes: classroom workshops, independent work of students, individual work, and weekly consultations.
According to the courses of preparation the classes are provided on the following subjects:
- Ukrainian (Russian) language;
- computer science;
Groups are formed from September to November.
To get admission to the Pre-University Department the foreign citizens apply to the Visa Support Department (link: http://nuft.edu.ua/page/view/visa-support-department), submit to the University the originals and pass notarized translation into Ukrainian or Russian of the following documents (note that in all documents there must be the same (up to letters) last name, first name, patronymic):
1. Standard personal profile form (issued in the Admission committee);
2. Passport and a copy of the notarized translation of its first page (last name, first name, patronymic) in Ukrainian;
3. Document (a copy of a notarized translation into Ukrainian or Russian) of complete secondary education with the list of subjects and grades (points) received at the exams;
4. Medical certificate confirming the absence of HIV infection, and chest X-ray. Without the certificate or if the certificate is not recognized in Ukraine, the foreign entrant shall promptly at his own expense submit to a blood test for the absence of HIV infection;
The document must be issued not later than 2 months before leaving for studying in Ukraine.
5. Medical certificate of health status (the original and a copy of the notarized translation into Ukrainian or Russian), which confirms the absence of medical contraindications for living and studying in Ukraine certified by an official health authority of the country which the foreign resident comes from;
6. Birth certificate (a copy translated into Ukrainian or Russian, if there is no Russian text).
7. 3x4 cm photos (10 pieces);
8. Return ticket for a period of 1 year with an open date to return home.
The documents listed in paragraphs 3, 4 and 5 shall be certified in accordance with the laws of the issuing country, and legalized under the established procedure (consular legalization or apostil).
Foreign citizens are admitted to the Pre-University Department on the basis of signed contracts.
Period of studying at the Pre-University Department for foreign citizens continues 10 months.
Tuition is 16 600* UAH.
Student hostel housing fee (for 10 months) is 9 500* UAH
*Note: Tuition may change.
For detailed information, please, contact: +38 (044) 287-96-93