The International scientific conference «Topical issues of international postgraduate education: status and prospects»
On April 4 – 5, 2013 the International scientific conference «Topical issues of international postgraduate education: status and prospects» took place on the premises of Dragomanov National Pedagogical University. The representatives of the National University of Food Technologies were presented: Tetyana Mostenska, vice - rector for Research and International Relations, Irina Volovik, Head of the Department of International Associations of the Section of International Integration Projects and Academic Mobility, and Valentina Shykova-Avdiievska, Head of the Preparatory Department for the faculty of Pre - university education for foreign students, Galina Bila, Associate Professor of the Department of Analytical Chemistry. More than 100 people including scientists, professors, experts and representatives of other branches of international services of 47 universities in Ukraine and other international organizations as well as business entities (residents and nonresidents) attended the conference. In general there were representatives from more than 18 countries, namely the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Russia, Belgium, Moldova, Sudan, Germany, Congo, Sierra Leone, Morocco, England, Belgium, Egypt, Uzbekistan in the international conference. The leading experts of the ministries and departments of Commerce and Industry of Ukraine, European Association for Education and Science (Germany, Berlin) also took part in the conference.
The goal of the conference was to discuss urgent problems of international postgraduate education and identify ways to cope with them.
The participants of the conference dealt with the following issues:
- Strategies of development of international education of Ukraine for the next decade; - Regulatory and legal support of development of international postgraduate education in Ukraine and factors that hinder it;
- Upgrading of specialists of international services of universities in Ukraine and professors who work with foreigners;
- Organization of enrollment of foreign students;
- Formation of centers of distance learning for postgraduate education abroad;
- Initiating and creating international education associations as an important tool for the development of international postgraduate education;
- Worldwide experience of operating international rating agencies to determine the best universities around the world as a mechanism of degree of the project participant internationalization.
Skoropad Oleg, the former Ambassador of Ukraine in Western Africa, delivered a greeting speech in which he highlighted the features of international education in Western Africa.
Date of the conference coincided with the special event. The Organization of African Unity has celebrated its 50th anniversary. The community "African Council", which was established in 2010, decided to honour the universities that train future African professionals. NUFT was awarded for high quality specialist training for countries of Africa.
The second day of the Conference was dedicated to «round table». The participants discussed the peculiarities of training services of the international universities in Ukraine and educational managers.
Conference was held in warm and friendly atmosphere. Participants settled relations for further cooperation. Working groups were created for the effectiveness of international work. They will work in the fields of:
- Improvement of the legal and norm basis;
- Staff support of educational services;
- Upgrading of specialists of international services institutions;
- Training of educational managers.
International scientific conference «Ways of diversification of food production at sugar factories of Ukraine»
Just after the major snowfalls unseen in our city for more over 100 years, on March 26, 2013 our hospitable university opened its hall to welcome the participants of the international scientific conference «Ways of diversification of food production at sugar factories of Ukraine».
The beet sugar industry was a backbone of the Ukrainian food production. Before 1991 we used to operate nearly 200 beet sugar mills, producing nearly 5000000 tons of sugar. Nowadays this branch faces big problems, stemming from the geopolitical situation, narrowing of sugar markets opened for the Ukrainian sugar, lack of finances etc.
Despite these temporary hardships, the professionals and specialists, many of whom were trained at alma mater of sugar production, gathered together to share the obtained experience to discuss the future projects.